Tuesday 9 May 2017

Picture Dictionary

Last week we learned the popcorn word 'like'. While doing so, we created our own 'I Like' poem as a class. This week's challenge for the Kiddoes during explore time is to write their own "I Like' poem. Before starting, we talked about all the different strategies good writers use: look around the room, listen for chunks, listen for popcorn words, sound it out! However, I told them there was another strategy people can use for helping them learn how to spell....... a dictionary! I introduced them to a picture dictionary and taught them how to use it. They were amazed. The picture dictionary has been a hit so far, but I am super excited to see the Kiddoes trying to use their other strategies first! Take a look at their portfolios this week for their 'I Like' poems.

a.m.

p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy!! We love to hear your comments!